The position will assume the primary responsibilities of managing industrial fire alarm and detection project orders. There will also be some exposure to water spray and clean agent suppression systems including custom fabrication of support skids and fully integrated firewater pumps, bladder tank foam and custom fire hydrant units. Position will be fully responsible for all aspects of the orders including administrative duties, design oversight, component purchasing, fabrication/production oversight, shipment, and installation/commissioning support (as needed).
Knowledge and Skills
– Experience in analog based UL approved fire alarm systems- Notifier, Honeywell, Detronics, etc.
– Experience in industrial gas and flame detection components and systems – Detronics, Spectrex, MSA, General Monitors, etc.
– Experience in NFPA72 compliant fire alarm system design including device layout and spacing requirements. Experience in NFPA70 NEC a plus.
– Experience in PLC based integration of fire alarm systems to client DCS or SIS systems.
– Experience with other commonly integrated manufacturers- MEDC, Federal Signal, Kidde Fenwal, Ansul, Allen-Bradley, VESDA, Detcon, etc.
– Bachelor of Science in Engineering or NICET Level II (or higher) Certified in Fire Alarm Systems, Special Hazards Systems, Water Based Systems Layout or equivalent experience.
– Knowledge of computer aided design software (AutoCad, Inventor, etc).
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Projects and Outlook).
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Attributes and Attitudes:
– Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize accordingly under constant deadlines.
– Ability to maintain good working relationships with all level of company employees, clients and vendors.
– Ability to work accurately, paying close attention to detail.
– Ability to work independently without supervision.
– Ability to delegate assignments to support personnel effectively
Duties and Responsibilities
– Manage/Supervise project load(s) in excess of $1M-$5M.
– Coordinate and assist with design efforts of design/drafting personnel.
– Review design output for compliance with client specifications and relevant codes & standards.
– Generate client change order requests when necessary.
– Periodic status review to confirm the accuracy of all relevant order information.
– Monitor fiscal status of projects against the estimated material and labor costs.
– Perform personal periodic shop inspections of working projects.
– Coordinate shop client and/or third party inspections when required.
– Ensure project equipment delivery schedules are met.
– Ensure final project document and data requirements and delivery schedules are met.
– Communicate timely and effectively with clients and suppliers.
– Desire to continuously grow in knowledge and assume additional responsibilities where appropriate.
Salary / Benefits
– Salary commensurate with experience.
– Full Dooley Tackaberry, Inc. Benefit Package (Including health insurance, dental insurance, vacation, sick leave, 401K Plan, paid training, etc.).