The position will assume the primary responsibilities of managing industrial fire water and suppression project orders. Opportunities may include pre-engineered suppression system and also custom integrated and fabricated skids, firewater pump packages, bladder tank foam packages and custom fire hydrant assemblies. Position will be fully responsible for all aspects of the orders including administrative duties, design oversight, component purchasing, fabrication/production oversight, shipment, and
installation/commissioning support (as needed).
Knowledge and Skills
– General understanding of all relevant NFPA codes
– Experience in construction and fabrication techniques including welded and thread pipe, structural steel members, paint and galvanizing processes, etc.
– Experience in NFPA11 compliant foam systems including foam type selection and application, system sizing, and discharge device selection. Tyco/Ansul, Solberg, BioEx, Chemguard, etc.
– Experience in NFPA12 compliant CO2 suppression systems including concentration and flood factor selection and application, agent quantity sizing, and end device selection. Tyco/Ansul, Kidde, etc.
– Experience in NFPA13 and 15 compliant sprinkler and waterspray systems including application, quantity sizing, and releasing valve and spray nozzle selection. Bermad, Viking, ClaVal, Tyco/Ansul, etc.
– Experience in NFPA20 compliant firewater pump packages including pump size and type selection and application. Pentair, Fairbanks, Edwards, etc.
– Experience in NFPA24 compliant underground fire service mains and apparatus systems including pipe size and type selection and UL listed/approved hydrant/valve application, quantity, and sizing. American Flow Control, Mueller, Nibco, UWP, Kennedy, Tyco, etc.
– Experience in NFPA750 compliant water mist fire protection systems including system type selection and application, quantity sizing, and end nozzle selection. Marioff, Tyco/Ansul, etc.
– Experience in NFPA2001 compliant clean agent fire extinguishing systems including agent type selection and application, quantity sizing, and end device selection. Novec1230, Inergen, FM200, etc.
– Bachelor of Science in Engineering or NICET Level II (or higher) Certified in Fire Alarm Systems, Special Hazards Systems, Water Based Systems Layout or equivalent experience.
– Knowledge of computer aided design software (AutoCad, Inventor, Plant 3D, AutoSprink, etc.).
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Projects and Outlook).
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Attributes and Attitudes
– Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize accordingly under constan deadlines.
– Ability to maintain good working relationships with all level of company employes, clients and vendors.
– Ability to work accurately, paying close attention to detail.
– Ability to work independently without supervision.
– Ability to delegate assignments to support personnel effectively
Duties and Responsibilities
– Manage/Supervise project load(s) in excess of $1M-$5M.
– Coordinate and assist with design efforts of design/drafting personnel.
– Review design output for compliance with client specifications and relevant codes & standards.
– Generate client change order requests when necessary.
– Periodic status review to confirm the accuracy of all relevant order information.
– Monitor fiscal status of projects against the estimated material and labor costs.
– Perform personal periodic shop inspections of working projects.
– Coordinate shop client and/or third party inspections when required.
– Ensure project equipment delivery schedules are met.
– Ensure final project document and data requirements and delivery schedules are met.
– Communicate timely and effectively with clients and suppliers.
– Desire to continuously grow in knowledge and assume additional responsibilities where appropriate.
Salary / Benefits
– Salary commensurate with experience.
– Full Dooley Tackaberry, Inc. Benefit Package (Including health insurance, dental insurance, vacation, sick leave, 401K Plan, paid training, etc.).