Essential Duties and Responsibilities
– Pick-up redlines/markups and highlight on as built and approval submittals.
– Ability to recognize small details on drawings (hidden lines, different views, belt patterns, orientations).
– Understand and perform basic layout tasks with minimal instructions.
– Understand scaling and basic 2 dimensional views, while producing “for construction” quality drawings from rough sketches, similar designs, or verbal descriptions/directives from Project Managers and Designers.
– Understand and draft basic wiring diagrams.
– Capable of producing the following types of drawings: P & ID’s, Piping Isometrics, General arrangements (3 views), Detail construction drawings, Electrical riser drawings, Electrical wiring details.
– Knowledgeable of reference material resources for all frequently utilized project products/product lines.
– Contribute to CAD library by producing dimensionally accurate drawings of frequently used items from vendor catalogs, data sheets, manufactured drawings, or the actual items.
– Generate support data for quotations based on a predetermined design or form.
– Accurately perform the following technical calculations and spreadsheet tasks: Equipment assembly weights, Center of gravity, System device quantities/types, Wetted Volumes
– Equipment tag inventories and address locations
– Setup and complete preliminary material take-offs.
Education and Skills
– 5 years of experience minimum in CAD disciplines with preferred experience in oil and gas process mechanical, piping design, and plant design.
– Knowledge of and experience with tools such as 3D CAD Software (e.g., Inventor), experience in piping and process plant design (Plant 3D),
– Ability to adapt to new digital design platforms
– Strong proficiency in AutoCAD (2D) and Inventor (3D)
– This position requires well-developed organizational skills and basic Spreadsheet (Excel) proficiencies applicable to project management needs.– This position requires a proven skill set to develop basic & complete written transmittals, correspondence, product utilization instruction and written replies utilizing professional office grammar, punctuation and document structure.
– This position requires phone & face to face verbal communications skills with demonstrated tact, diction, grammar, and clarity acceptable in a professional environment.
– This position requires the ability to listen and to comprehend directions, anticipate and clarify instructions resulting in actions focused on achieving the desired outcomes of the requestor.
Attributes and Attitudes
– This position requires an intelligent, energetic and detail oriented individual to provide project drafting and project support services.
– This position requires a reliable self-starter who thrives in a challenging environment while remaining focused and committed to completing assigned projects and priorities.
– This position requires task/project focus, the ability to capture, draft and represent large volumes of project data/information effectively and accurately, and to openly communicate with Designers and Project Managers.
– This position requires interpersonal and diplomatic skills conducive with a professional office environment.
Salary / Benefits
– Hourly pay commensurate with experience
– Full Dooley Tackaberry, Inc. Benefit Package (Including health insurance, dental insurance, vacation, sick leave, 401K Plan, paid training, etc.)
– Participation in companywide profit sharing plan.