Oversee daily Distribution invoicing, assist with Project billing when necessary. Maintain daily collection efforts. Assist with other accounting duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure all Distribution and non-value added shipments are invoiced in ERP system daily. This requires frequent communication with Distribution inside Sales and the Project team to ensure accuracy of order details (i.e. freight, gross margin, etc.) prior to invoicing.
• Maintain company collection processes.
• Coordinate all collection efforts with accounting manager
• Contact customers regarding outstanding balances and to request payments in a timely manner
• Research/reconcile customer account balances to determine if collection or AR adjustment is necessary. Submit to credit and billing specialist before end of month for appropriate adjustment.
• Collaborate with sales team and/or management to resolve escalated customer concerns
• Provide weekly collection report to management regarding status of past due accounts
• Provide monthly DSO report to management
• Provide Accounting support where needed:
• New customer account set-up, manage customers on credit hold, cash posting, etc.
• Assist with month end financial close, updating financial close binder where applicable.
• Assist with year-end audit
• Provide support and backup related to other functions associated with accounts receivable as needed (i.e. letters of credit, bank reporting, etc.).
• Process customer credits in a timely manner
• Upload AR invoices to customer portals in a timely manner.
• Safety – Ensure company safety procedures are followed at all times
Knowledge and Skills:
• High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred
• 4-5 years accounting experience, specific to credit, customer invoicing and collections
• Working knowledge of A/R general ledger
• Strong Microsoft Office application experience (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Strong organizational skills, ability to manage competing deadlines
• Excellent communication and written skills
Attributes and Attitudes:
• Positive and proactive attitude
• Manage multiple tasks simultaneously with ability to prioritize
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, without supervision, and as part of a team
• Strive for continuous improvement, personally and professionally
Salary / Benefits:
• Hourly pay commensurate with experience
• Full Dooley Tackaberry, Inc. Benefit Package (Including health insurance, dental insurance, vacation, sick leave, 401K Plan, paid training, etc.)
• Participation in companywide profit sharing plan